Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Science Diet's Ideal Balance Dog Food (BzzAgent)

As I may or may not have mentioned here earlier, I became a bzzagent a few months ago.  One of the recent things I was allowed to try was Science Diet's new Ideal Balance dog food.



When I received this bag of food and was able to look into it more I was really pleasantly surprised! This formulation does not have much of what I dislike about many commercial dog foods and it does in fact contain all of the things every dog owner should be making sure they are providing - no corn or cheap filler grains, and real meat (which is the first ingredient.)

My dogs were not overly fond of this food, while they did eat it they chose to eat their previous dog food first and leave the science diet in the bowl to eat last. While I didn't see any dramatic difference in them, their coats did seem a touch less shiny. This would not be my first choice as a dog food, but I think this is a decently formulated product and one I am glad to see science diet offering.  I run into a lot of people in the pet food isle asking me for help, a lot of them aren't comfortable buying some of the brands I recommend (often ones never heard of) but I will be happy to recommend this one and I won't have to feel guilty about watching them walk away with this something that makes me very very happy.

If you would like to learn a bit more about pet nutrition, Hill's Science Diet has partnered with this site, PetMD to teach consumers more about dog food.  While their site is not all inclusive it is a great place to start if you are looking to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment